Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A somber note...

I am taking a break from gaming to mention something that has changed my life forever.  My father passed away on Memorial Day.  He had stage 4 cancer in his lungs and lymph nodes.  I do not think he ever much of a chance of winning the battle against cancer.  
My father was a sailor and a welder.  He loved playing the guitar.  I played bass with him one summer.  We played several songs.  What I remember the most was we played Roxanne by the Police.  

My time with my father was brief.  He made some mistakes very early in my life that caused my mother to leave him.  He eventually gave up contacting her because he felt guilty about the whole thing.  The guilt stayed with him his whole life and prevented him from re-establishing contact with me.  But as for me and my faith in Christ I have the ability to forgive.  Because Christ has forgiven me I am able to freely forgive.

I made the decision to find him in 2007.  I wanted closure and a relationship with him.  I forgave him for never being there.  Not having a father in your life makes things very difficult.  Believe me, it does.  I am happy to know that the last conversation I had with him over the phone was concerning what I said above.  

I have a wife and two children.  I am committed to them and will love them and support them until I to die.  Someone told me I will never be half the man my father was.  That is far from true.  I am far better than my father will ever be.  I would like to think that he is happy that I did not follow in his mistakes.  


As my dad would say "Keep on pickin' (the bass)".  I will.  I definitely will.

Ronald Lewis Brow
February 27, 1953 - May 25, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment